Manduka PRO Yoga Mat
Sometimes it’s the bumps in the road that end up defining our journey. This is the story of Manduka, a company founded on the simple idea that a better yoga mat could make a world of difference.
In 1997, Peter Sterios, an architect turned yogi, discovered a simple, elegantly designed black mat whose combination of firm grip and complete support revolutionized his yoga practice. In honor of the yoga masters who inspired him, he sought to share this amazing product with others.
Peter had always been the beneficiary of great generosity from other yoga teachers. To repay that debt, he sent mats as gifts to many of the teachers he admired including Erich Schiffmann, Rod Stryker, Angela Farmer, Victor Van Kooten, Rodney Yee, and Shiva Rea. The teachers who inspired Peter were his first customers. And in the great yoga tradition, they shared their mats with their students, and a true yoga company was born. Peter chose the name Manduka in homage to his teacher and mentor, Shandor Remete, whose core practice and teaching always included the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana or frog. The first time Peter heard and repeated the name of the pose he experienced a sense of childlike joy and delight as the sound rolled off his tongue. The word and the pose were mirror images, simultaneously playful and profound. The joy of Manduka is now spoken in so many countries, all over the world.
The quality and performance of Manduka mats and yoga accessories are still unmatched in the marketplace. They are still crafted using simple, enduring, natural, and whenever possible, renewable materials and a fine attention to detail. Manduka is a company built by and for yoga teachers and their students. We are still evolving, still introducing new products, and still celebrating the spirit and wisdom of yoga teachers and their students. From the road less traveled, something great and meaningful has arrived.
Honor the Legacy
Designed by yogis and loved by teachers everywhere.
The bigger the idea, the bigger the impact.
Strengthen The Community
Our community inspires us at every turn and we consider them in everything we do.
Sustainability and love for our planet guides everything we do and make.
Our true north is compassion; giving generously to causes committed to the well-being of the world.
Integrity Above All
We show up. In our products, our practice, and our community.
Manduka PRO Yoga Mat - Premium 6mm Thick Mat, Eco Friendly, Oeko-Tex Certified and Free of ALL Chemicals. High Performance Grip, Ultra Dense Cushioning for Support and Stability in Yoga, Pilates, Gym and Any General Fitness.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Guaranteed to last a lifetime! The superior quality of the PRO series yoga mat will never peel, flake, or fade. Otherwise, we'll replace it! Grip improves over time with more use!
- EXTRA THICK: At 6mm density, comfortably cushion your spine, hips, knees, elbows, or any point of contact on hard floors. Measures 71" x 26". Due to the unique craftsmanship, there may be slight variances in weight and length which can range +/-1.
- NON-SLIP: Provides greater stability on any hard or soft surfaces. Proprietary bottom material allows its grip to improve with every use to help prevent injury.
- SWEAT RESISTANT: Closed-cell construction blocks bacteria and moisture from sweat, making cleaning a breeze.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Responsibly crafted in an emission-free facility. OEKO-TEX certified, meaning it's 100% safe for you, your kids, and pets. Help curb the amount of PVC mats that enter landfills every year and reduce overall mat consumption.
Designed to last a lifetime (or two), Manduka PRO series yoga mats curb the amount of PVC mats that enter landfills every year and reduces overall mat consumption. During the manufacturing of most PVC products, toxic emissions may be released into the air. However, PRO series mats are manufactured through a process that ensures no toxic emissions are released into the atmosphere. The Manduka PRO is certified safe for human contact by OEKO-TEX, a material certification agency in Europe for the textile industry. All PRO Series Mats improve with use over time. The more you practice, the grippier it gets.
Manduka has built a reputation as the world's most respected yoga brand. Known for its legendary PRO Mat. Manduka creates high performance yoga mats, yoga towels, bags, props, and men's and women's fitness apparel.
Designed by yogis and trusted by teachers worldwide, our products and apparel are used-and fiercely loved-by 900+ yoga ambassadors, over two Million customers, and 4,000+...